Tales of Yarn

Strings of stories about yarn & knitting, & sometimes other stuff.

Saturday, July 15, 2006

To fringe or not to fringe, that is the question.





This post is in regards to the item I was working on in my previous post -- the "camping stole." Because I only got a single skein of pretty multi-colored mohair on sale, & there wasn't any more of that color available, I decided to make something that I could just keep knitting the same pattern until the skein ran out.

I ended up getting a coordinating solid color to do a solid stripe at each end to make it a bit longer, & I could add solid fringe of the same color at each end as well. But I can't decide if I want to do that or not.

Here are some pictures. & I'm posting the question to the knitting community at large. Fringe it? Don't bother with fringe? If I do add fringe, how long should it be? I haven't added fringe to anything in years & years.

3 Comments:

  • At 6:07 PM, Blogger sarahkate said…

    As a fan of fringe, i tink the longer the better. Fringe can make the short look longer and the unfinished look complete. I vote for fringe, and plenty of it. Plus, it swings so nicely when you walk.

     
  • At 10:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    There's a kind of a net-like fringe in Scarf Style on the entrelac stole that might be nice.

     
  • At 7:38 PM, Blogger Mary Beth said…

    I really like fringe on the corners....but I think anything you do will look FAB-ulous!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home