Tales of Yarn

Strings of stories about yarn & knitting, & sometimes other stuff.

Sunday, April 30, 2006

I failed the test...

See the gorgeous green multi-color patterned sweater on the table for Stephanie Pearl-McPhee's booksigning? Now that I've had a chance to read "The Yarn Harlot" (her first book) all the way through, I know that she uses such objects as tests to find other knitters & potential knitters while out amongst the muggles.

I saw the sweater & looked at it while I was going by, but photography apparently has me much more in its clutches than knitting does, since I was more anxious to get pictures of my friends getting their books signed than I was to look at the sweater. Besides which, I was raised to believe that touching other people's knitting without asking was tatamount to touching a pregnant lady's belly without asking. It Just.Isn't.Done.

Or at least that's my excuse...

But it is a gorgeous sweater, & in retrospect I wish that I'd taken more time to look at it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home