Tales of Yarn

Strings of stories about yarn & knitting, & sometimes other stuff.

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Shawl Pattern Settled





I have decided to save the Mountain Peaks pattern for another shawl at a later time. (I have a couple yet-to-be-purchased color ideas for it also.)

Tales of running out of yarn, or nearly running out of yarn on the border is what decided me, since I barely have 600 yards of the black.

Instead I picked a pattern out of a shawl book that I already own. It's in the style of the Faroe Islands, but knit top-down instead of bottom up. That way I can stop whenever I think that the yarn is running too short to finish another pattern repeat.

2 Comments:

  • At 9:09 AM, Blogger Annie said…

    What's the book? Looks familliar.

     
  • At 3:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sorry I did not respond to your comment on my blog regarding my Mountain Peaks shawl earlier (I was out of town). The alteration I made was an easy one, so if you you end up wanting to make the change, let me know and I'll fill you in.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home