It's a small world afterall...


So. I have been madly working on the Hidcote Garden Shawl every chance I get. This afternoon I ended up getting home a bit early, so I was knitting away while there was still daylight. I finished the second chart of the shawl & started on the third. My husband asked what I wanted to do about dinner, & suggested we go out to eat at a local Mexican restaurant. To tell the truth, I really wasn't wanting to put my knitting down. ;-) Then I realized that the place he wanted to go for dinner is right near an LYS that has late hours, & was having a big "Annual Sale" to boot.
So I went ahead & stopped mid row (got to love circulars for the ability to do that.) I made a quick trip into the LYS while my son & my husband got us a table. When I arrived at the restaurant, I sat down & finished the row while we were waiting to put our order in, & then started the purl row that followed. Then my husband said, "I think those ladies over there are doing the same thing." My husband & Rachel's husband must be on the same wavelengths this week. I'd been so busy with my own knitting that I hadn't noticed that there were four women knitting & comparing projects just a couple tables over from us.
After my husband brought me out of my knitting fog, I realized one of the knitters was Jenn. When I went over to say hello, I discovered that Shannon was there too, & I got to see this scarf in progress.
I guess I was about due for another "Small World" encounter.











5 Comments:
At 4:56 AM,
Annie said…
Dang! I missed the party! Great shawl by the way... and what yarn shop is it that has late hours, is near a Mexican Restaurant, and is having a sale?!
At 4:57 AM,
Annie said…
And my comment posted at 6:49 a.m., not 4:56! Yikes?!
At 12:57 AM,
Jane said…
I had the same question as Ann! Do tell.
At 8:35 AM,
Miriam said…
Hey, I just wanted to give you a heads up... there are a couple tweaks in charts 4 and 5 of Hidcote... I will be reissuing the pattern in another day or two... if you're getting to the point where you need to know what they are, just e-mail me and I can describe where they are... they're just missing yo's... nothing huge.
Miriam
At 10:36 AM,
Cindy said…
The LYS is Chris' Needle Craft Supply
http://www.chrisneedlecraftsupply.com/
HOURS OF OPERATION:
MONDAY thru FRIDAY
9 a.m. to 8 p.m.
SATURDAY 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
(Which is later than I thought -- I thought they closed at 7 p.m.)
Post a Comment
<< Home