Tales of Yarn

Strings of stories about yarn & knitting, & sometimes other stuff.

Sunday, September 10, 2006

Wednesday in reverse



Yesterday was similar to Wednesday, except that the sale-induced stash inhancement was greater, & the Small World Encounter was smaller. It was the day for the September St. Louis Knitter's Guild meeting, & I arranged to leave the house in time to go to the KAL being held before the meeting. However, plans changed at the last minute when an online friend, Heather, one half of the Tale of Two Knittys team, mentioned that Myer's House (A big LYS that I hadn't visited yet, due to it being a ways away from me) was having a huge sale this weekend.

So I squeezed in a visit to the LYS & arrived at the Guild meeting sort of early for the regular meeting, but not in time for the KAL. It was worth it though, since I got yarn for several gift scarves at 50% off, & also 2 shawls worth of yarn for 20% off & 2 shawls worth at 50% off. Plus a free measuring tape.

While I was at the Guild meeting, & ran into a lady from a Book Group I've been attending off & on for several years. I had no idea that she knit. She & I sat together & got caught up on chit-chat, since it had been a while since we had both made it to the same Book Group meeting.

I also met Sheri, of the Loopy Ewe. She gave a presentation about her brand new online sock yarn store, & showed off a very cool Namaste bag. (The turquoise Vintage style at the bottom of the page. Gorgeous color!)

I'm far enough along in the Hidcote Garden Shawl that I could manage to KIP on it, without getting hopelessly lost, so I got a few rows done during the meeting.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home