Tales of Yarn

Strings of stories about yarn & knitting, & sometimes other stuff.

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Saturday Sky, a few days late



I have nothing much to show in the way of knitting pictures. Hidcote is now a bigger light green blob, & so is the Black Diamond Shawl. (Like Tina, I have been "Knitting on the Side" & not been completely faithful to Hidcote lately.)

So the picture for this entry is the Saturday Sky from the weekend just past. In the picture is a statue of Mary, since I wasn't at home this past weekend. (No, there aren't any near-life size statues in my yard.) I spent the weekend on a Women's Retreat held by my church. It was very relaxing & enjoyable. I even got some knitting done.

Before the retreat, I managed to swing by Hearthstone Knits, an LYS that I had never had time to visit before last Friday. I found more yarn to finish my Black Diamond Shawl, so that I won't have to cut out any repeats or wonder if I have enough yarn to do the edge.

While at Hearthstone Knits, I saw Ann, & her Diamond Fantasy Shawl. I also got to see the dress for which the shawl is being knit. It's going to be simply lovely, & I pray all goes well for the wedding!

For anyone interested in seeing a completed Hidcote Garden Shawl, Susan has finished hers. It's breathtaking! & it's making me wish I'd chosen a darker yarn.

1 Comments:

  • At 3:53 PM, Blogger Annie said…

    It was so good to see you! You'll have to come back some time. Or we can just meet in the middle and knit somewhere.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home