Tales of Yarn

Strings of stories about yarn & knitting, & sometimes other stuff.

Thursday, October 12, 2006

Belated Walk With Me Wednesday...






Blogger is being uncooperative about loading pictures again. The pictures I was planning on sharing were not from yesterday/Wednesday, but rather from our trip to Shiloh, Tennessee last weekend. We didn't walk as much as my son & the other scouts did, due to my husband's still healing leg. However, I did manage to get a bit of walking in.

With the great early fall weather & the pretty day that we had, it was hard to imagine that this had been the site of a horrifically bloody battle. It was rather sobering to realize that I was walking the same ground as one of my ancestors & that if he hadn't survived the battle, I might not be here today.

I also got a bit of knitting in. I'm on the next-to-last chart on Hidcote now, & the Black Diamond shawl is to the point where I would have cut short & added the edging, except that I found more yarn to match at a different LYS. (That shawl was begun with 4 skeins on hand, bought at an LYS that was going out of business. I now have enough for it to be the designed fingertip length, rather than barely past my elbows.) I even managed to knit in the car on the part of the trip where I was the passenger. I got over a foot of garter stitch done on my Top.Secret.Gift.Knitting. That was a very good thing, as it is for my mother's birthday this coming Sunday.

EDIT: I copied & pasted HTML from a different blog entry to force blogger to co-operate on posting pictures. Hopefully it worked. The pictures are from along the Sunken Road, a central part of the first day's battle.

3 Comments:

  • At 1:19 PM, Blogger Cindy said…

    No pictures on my end and I was looking forward to them. Can't wait to see the shawls.

     
  • At 4:56 PM, Blogger Cindy said…

    I just finished editting again, & this time I managed to bend Blogger to my will.

     
  • At 7:40 PM, Blogger Cindy said…

    Ooooh. Beautiful. I hope the day was as fine as it looked.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home