First November Saturday Sky
I'm going to have to start carrying my camera all day on Saturdays. I missed several potential good Saturday Sky shots today.
First shot missed:
*** Imagine a picture of clouds laid out across the sky like grey fiber batting waiting to be spun ***
Second shot missed:
*** Imagine a squadron of fighter planes coming in for landing ***
Third shot missed:
*** Imagine a close up of a jumbo jet taking off ***
Although I didn't take my camera with me, I did have something else cool happen. I ran into Shannon. I'd gotten a flier in the mail for a sale at Myer's House, so I went up to see what I could find. I got some yarn for a sweater for my daughter, & some yarn for me. & then I helped Shannon carry her bag out to her car, because her hands were full of spinning wheel. (A temptation I have thus far resisted. I need to knit MUCH more of my existing stash before taking the time to learn spinning.)
Shannon, remember that bright green yarn that I said wasn't so much me? Well, after I got out of the parking lot, I realized that it was the perfect color to make this for my older son. So I turned around & went back & bought some of that green & some more of the grey for contrast. In addition to the hat, I'm also making a modified version of these:

I couldn't resist casting on right away after I got home.
I also did manage to catch an interesting shot of blowing leaves after I went home for my camera. So there is still a real Saturday Sky picture to enjoy for today.

& here is a little bit of the fiber roving looking sky, though the clouds were starting to break up a bit & look more like "normal" clouds.
First shot missed:
*** Imagine a picture of clouds laid out across the sky like grey fiber batting waiting to be spun ***
Second shot missed:
*** Imagine a squadron of fighter planes coming in for landing ***
Third shot missed:
*** Imagine a close up of a jumbo jet taking off ***
Although I didn't take my camera with me, I did have something else cool happen. I ran into Shannon. I'd gotten a flier in the mail for a sale at Myer's House, so I went up to see what I could find. I got some yarn for a sweater for my daughter, & some yarn for me. & then I helped Shannon carry her bag out to her car, because her hands were full of spinning wheel. (A temptation I have thus far resisted. I need to knit MUCH more of my existing stash before taking the time to learn spinning.)
Shannon, remember that bright green yarn that I said wasn't so much me? Well, after I got out of the parking lot, I realized that it was the perfect color to make this for my older son. So I turned around & went back & bought some of that green & some more of the grey for contrast. In addition to the hat, I'm also making a modified version of these:

I couldn't resist casting on right away after I got home.
I also did manage to catch an interesting shot of blowing leaves after I went home for my camera. So there is still a real Saturday Sky picture to enjoy for today.

& here is a little bit of the fiber roving looking sky, though the clouds were starting to break up a bit & look more like "normal" clouds.











2 Comments:
At 5:26 AM,
Cindy said…
I can't wait to see the mittens and hat(and Hidcote). I'm being "good" and not spending any more money on yarn right now. I won't go to Meyer House because I'm being "good". Is that convincing to you? Wasn't the sky fascinating yesterday?
At 3:05 PM,
techygeekgirlknits said…
That green will look totally cool with that pattern. And such a great price too! I totally resisted the temptation to buy any yarn out there during my classes...though I about have myself completely convinced to buy the spinning wheel. LOL!! Let us know what you end up making with all that yarn you bought...
Post a Comment
<< Home