Tales of Yarn

Strings of stories about yarn & knitting, & sometimes other stuff.

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

The word of the day is VOTE!

It's election day here in America. I was there 15 minutes before the polls were open this morning, with knitting in hand to keep me occupied. The cuff of the Pirate Mit is nearly done.

Our county has put in touch screen voting machines. I'd much rather be able to physically see on hard copy exactly what my vote is, so I went with the alternate of filling out a scantron sheet. Since they only had 4 touch screens in my polling place, & the line was getting long for them while the scantron booths were open, several people followed my lead.

My county's change in voting machines *might* make it faster to count the votes later, but it certainly seemed to be slowing things down a bit this morning.

2 Comments:

  • At 7:10 AM, Blogger Cindy said…

    I haven't been yet, but I do agree with the written ballot problem. When the computers crash, where's the backup? I haven't voted yet. I will this evening with my Mum. I drove by and it was mighty crowded at 7:45. BTW, Hidcote is so beautiful as to be blinding. Your work is incredible.

     
  • At 1:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I voted absentee. I tried the scantron in August, but didn't get much instruction. It's not as intuitive as I would like. I did the touchscreens this time, and like them better.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home