Tales of Yarn

Strings of stories about yarn & knitting, & sometimes other stuff.

Monday, November 13, 2006

Hidcote Garden Shawl, Unpinned

With the help of a chair as a prop, I took some pictures of my unpinned & completed Hidcote Garden Shawl in the common ground near my house.






Here is one corner held up, to show the detail of the pattern.


The fall foliage makes a gorgeous backdrop.



Hidcote nearly didn't fit on the chair, with as big as it is.

Here is a silouette of the center section.


& a closeup of the edge detail.

I met one of my friends at a local park on my lunch hour, so that she could snap a few pictures of my Hidcote & me together. It was such a bright day, though, that every picture without my sunglasses has me squinting as if I'm in pain.

It's certainly NOT a pain to wear this shawl. It's quite the most beautiful thing I've ever made, thanks to Miriam's clever pattern & clear directions. I'd like to take a minute to thank Miriam for designing this shawl. It truely was a joy to knit!



___________________

The Lacevember blog has a question up for it's members. "What are your ideal lace making conditions?"

I would start with a free day, with nothing on the schedule & the other members of my house happily occupied in their own pursuits. There wouldn't be any loud noise around, either from kids bickering, TV too loud, or noisy neighbors outside. I'd be sitting on my living room couch, with my legs up. My cats would be settled in around me, snuggled up & purring, but not in the way of my knitting.

In real life, of course, by the time the cats & I get settled in, someone would need me desperately for something silly, or a telemarketer would call, or someone would come to the door.

8 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home