Tales of Yarn

Strings of stories about yarn & knitting, & sometimes other stuff.

Thursday, September 13, 2007

Quick Summer of Socks Update

Summer of Socks 2007 officially finishes on the 21st of September. I must confess that I'll probably take a break from socks when it's done, as I already have several other fall knitting projects planned.

My 4 pairs of vacation socks are complete, along with 3 single socks done in hand-dyed yarn. There's a decent chance that I'll finish at least one more pair of socks for Summer of Socks this year, or perhaps even two pairs. However, there's no chance I'll catch up with any of the sock wizards who are in the leading Summer of Socks in totals right now.




I'm working on the toes of my second pair of Regia Bamboo socks, & am starting the gussets on my Cardinal Red Stitch N Pitch socks. We have tickets to tomorrow night's Cards/Cubs game, so the Cardinal socks will be going back to the ballpark for a second time.






I've been taking my summer sock knitting pretty much everywhere, to the point of getting teased about it by my friends. The portability & completely mindless stockinette of socks make for plenty of ability to hold up my end of a conversation while still knitting, though.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home