Tales of Yarn

Strings of stories about yarn & knitting, & sometimes other stuff.

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Saturday is for Knitting In Public

Saturday started out foggy, but cleared up nicely by the time I travelled down to the Arch grounds for World Wide Knit In Public Day.
I took Metrolink into the city, so that I could knit on the train. There were quite a few Cardinal fans trying to beat the crowd to the stadium, so Metrolink was a bit more crowded than I was expecting for late Saturday morning.
I couldn't resist checking out the Mississippi river levels while I was so close to it. This is the highest I've ever seen it "live" in person, & it's going to get higher before it starts going back to normal.


I found the knitters in a lovely big spot of shade next to one of the walkways. Tammy picked a great spot for Knitting In Public.
The shade shrank as the day went on, so when it came time to be moving chairs yet again, some of us made our way to WWKIP Part 2.
The folks at Knitty Couture had put up some shade of their own, & there was already quite a crowd of knitters when we arrived. They had a cooler full of water bottles & lemonade for everybody, which was very nice.

Both places were very well located for the "Public" part of WWKIP. We had lots of attention from the folks passing by, & quite a few comments or people who stopped to talk to us. Thank-you so much to Tammy & Thi for organizing everything!

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

  • At 1:10 PM, Blogger maitai said…

    aww, that looks like it was a lot of fun! i didn't partake in any activities here in the DC area. your photos make me miss STL!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home