Tales of Yarn

Strings of stories about yarn & knitting, & sometimes other stuff.

Sunday, May 25, 2008

Icarus Takes Flight

I don't have any new pictures to share this week. However, when I took Icarus to the Knitting Guild meeting yesterday , I realized I never made a proper post about completing it, other than including it on my Oak Lawn post.

So here are some more pictures & all the details.


After realizing that a Friday date meant that a trip to Chicago to see the Yarn Harlot would be possible this spring, the next thing I started thinking about was what knitwear should I take for the book signing.

I was having trouble deciding, until I thought of making something NEW instead. Icarus had been on my mental "To Do" list for a while, & I has some sock yarn marnating in my stash that I had mentally tagged "shawl yarn."



I loved this Dye-a-bolical yarn when I saw it at Knitorious, & had to snap some up right away, but it took a while for inspiration to strike with regards to how to show it off. I am so pleased with how this shawl turned out, & how it goes equally well with black jeans as with a black dress. I'm already wearing it quite often.

Unfortunately I don't think I'll be able to make it to the reschedule date at Oak Lawn, so the Yarn Harlot won't ever get to see it in person. I also have some of Rachel's yarn that I was going to give to Stephanie. It looks like I'll have to mail it instead.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home