Why didn't I think of that sooner?
You know how sometimes you discover that the solution to a long-nagging problem has been right there staring you in the face all along? Sometimes it is even so obvious that you are torn between being thrilled at fixing the problem & being embarrassed that you didn't see it earlier.
I had one of those moments this weekend.
I got this bag on a trip to Maine with my grandparents many, many years ago. It resurfaced when going through boxes a couple years ago. At first I thought, "Yay! Perfect knitting bag, with added bonus of reminding me of a fun trip with my grandparents." That thought was quickly followed by, "Bummer! Velcro. Long strip of Velcro. Boo, hiss. Not good for yarn afterall"
I figured I would just use it as a bookbag, & it's been sitting by my computer desk for a while. I had a Eureka! moment yesterday, though. "Ohhhhh. Duh! I can just snip the yarn-snagging side of the velcro out." Once it was removed, this bag is now suitable as a knitting bag. Yay!
Besides bringing back happy memories of my grandparents, I also love how this bag has a zippered pocket inside it. That's not something canvas bags usually have nowadays.
I had one of those moments this weekend.
I got this bag on a trip to Maine with my grandparents many, many years ago. It resurfaced when going through boxes a couple years ago. At first I thought, "Yay! Perfect knitting bag, with added bonus of reminding me of a fun trip with my grandparents." That thought was quickly followed by, "Bummer! Velcro. Long strip of Velcro. Boo, hiss. Not good for yarn afterall"
I figured I would just use it as a bookbag, & it's been sitting by my computer desk for a while. I had a Eureka! moment yesterday, though. "Ohhhhh. Duh! I can just snip the yarn-snagging side of the velcro out." Once it was removed, this bag is now suitable as a knitting bag. Yay!
Besides bringing back happy memories of my grandparents, I also love how this bag has a zippered pocket inside it. That's not something canvas bags usually have nowadays.
Labels: Misc.











2 Comments:
At 6:40 AM,
Annie said…
I got a bag for Christmas and had just the same problem for several weeks. I even used it, stubbornly, as a knitting bag, cursing every time the yarn got snagged. Duh.
At 5:56 PM,
Anonymous said…
I like the creativity of that solution. I'll try to remember for future. I've been using book bags, one for each different yarn project.
I've also come up with a solution for storing my stash. It's probably old as Methuselah's whiskers, but it's new to me. You know those clear plastic bags that hold sheets and blankets in the store? They make great storage and you can see so easily through them!
Susan
Post a Comment
<< Home