Socks on Sunday
Something about finishing big projects gives me momentum to get around to smaller ones, I think. Case in point; I finished two more pairs of socks this morning.
Before you get too impressed, I have to admit that one sock was the second of a pair that I started in May 2007, a full year ago. The red/orange socks were started to be my "work on at the Harry Potter book launch" socks, since the colors reminded me of Gryffendor's house colors.
The other pair was from my "Santa Claus Yarn" that showed up in my Christmas stocking this year. For those who want to know where Santa got this yarn, it's Regia in one of the Kaffe Fassett colors.
I also finished weaving in the ends for my "Amtrak Socks." I think these socks will be worn fairly often, since they go well with black slacks for work or black jeans on the weekend. In fact, maybe I'd better buy another couple balls of this yarn before it's gone. I think this color may be discontinued at the factory already. This is also Regia yarn, which isn't as soft to work with as some yarns, but softens up just fine with washing & wearing.
Before you get too impressed, I have to admit that one sock was the second of a pair that I started in May 2007, a full year ago. The red/orange socks were started to be my "work on at the Harry Potter book launch" socks, since the colors reminded me of Gryffendor's house colors.
The other pair was from my "Santa Claus Yarn" that showed up in my Christmas stocking this year. For those who want to know where Santa got this yarn, it's Regia in one of the Kaffe Fassett colors.
I also finished weaving in the ends for my "Amtrak Socks." I think these socks will be worn fairly often, since they go well with black slacks for work or black jeans on the weekend. In fact, maybe I'd better buy another couple balls of this yarn before it's gone. I think this color may be discontinued at the factory already. This is also Regia yarn, which isn't as soft to work with as some yarns, but softens up just fine with washing & wearing.
Labels: Finished Objects, Knitting, Socks, StashDown2008











1 Comments:
At 3:51 PM,
Rachel Leverton said…
Great job. You are truly the Sock Master, lol!
Post a Comment
<< Home