Springtime is for Lace
Having finally finished a sweater this winter, I have gotten back on a lace kick.
This is the Icarus Shawl, pattern by Miriam Felton. The pattern was previously published in Interweave Knits, but is now available on Miriam's website.
I am using hand-dyed yarn from Dyeabolical. The colorway is "Dark Envy", available from Dyeabolical Yarns on Etsy or in St. Louis at Knitorious.
I really enjoyed watching how the colors flowed together & back apart while knitting the body of the shawl. It really broke up the monotony of knitting that section.
Rachel also hand-dyed the green yarn that I am using for the lace section. I'm very happy with how it is all tying together. I'm contemplating going back to the varigated for the last row or two & the bind off, just to tie it all together even more.
This is the Icarus Shawl, pattern by Miriam Felton. The pattern was previously published in Interweave Knits, but is now available on Miriam's website.
I am using hand-dyed yarn from Dyeabolical. The colorway is "Dark Envy", available from Dyeabolical Yarns on Etsy or in St. Louis at Knitorious.
I really enjoyed watching how the colors flowed together & back apart while knitting the body of the shawl. It really broke up the monotony of knitting that section.
Rachel also hand-dyed the green yarn that I am using for the lace section. I'm very happy with how it is all tying together. I'm contemplating going back to the varigated for the last row or two & the bind off, just to tie it all together even more.
Labels: Knitting, StashDown2008











3 Comments:
At 2:12 PM,
Anonymous said…
Gorgeous! I'm making the same shawl - it is a great pattern! I think using the varigated yarn is a great idea - can't wait to see how it all turns out.
At 2:59 PM,
Rachel Leverton said…
Can't wait to see it off the needles and blocked! That's a great pattern.
At 5:27 PM,
Annie said…
Gorgeous! I like the green too -- makes the rest of it pop. Missed you last night.
Post a Comment
<< Home