Tales of Yarn

Strings of stories about yarn & knitting, & sometimes other stuff.

Saturday, June 07, 2008

Stitching in Red

The knitting picture from last Saturday's post is a summer cotton sweater that I started for my Stitch N Pitch project this year. The Cardinal's Stitch N Pitch game for this year was held on May 28th.

I had a fabulous time, & got quite a bit of knitting in the round done. (Plus the Cardinals won! Yay!) It was fun to see so many needleworkers, & the T-shirts designed by one of the St. Louis Ravelers were a huge hit!
This year there were quite a few people who hung around at the demo/giftbag area to stitch & gab before the game. The weather turned out to be absolutely perfect for sitting & knitting before the game, & for being in the stands watching the game.

This is how much knitting I got done at the game, including the Metrolink ride on the way home. Unfortunately I decided it was turning out too small, so I frogged most of it, thinking I needed to go up a needle size. Midway through the frogging, though, I realized that the gauge was just fine when not crammed up on a 24 inch needle. Sigh...

So I ended up saving just the cable cast on from the original & restarting the sweater on the same size needles.
One thing I did do when I restarted was to turn the cable cast on around, which seems to be making the rolling a bit less extreme. Rolled hems are fine, but I don't want it rolling all the way up to my armpits!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home