Summer Startitis
The black sweater from my previous post is nearly done. I am mostly happy with it, though it's obvious from this picture why the designer recommends an extra row of crochet on the underside of the armhole to stop it from rolling. I'm mostly pleased with the pattern, but I'm going to tweak it a little when I make this again. The only thing I changed about this one is that I made the body almost an inch longer than the pattern specified, & it's still a bit short in the waist. It took about two & a half skeins of Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece for the knitting. However, I still need to do the crochet around the neck & arms, so it will probably take close to three skeins by the time I'm done.Something about having a project nearly complete often gives me a case of "Startitis." I've also been going through my yarn stash & that never helps with the itch to start too many things at once.
Here's the evidence:


The purple yarn is another Soleil, so I can knit it while I still remember what tweaks I want to make. (Stop the waist-shaping increases a bit earlier so they don't go up into the armpit, & compensate with short-row bust shaping.)Labels: Knitting, StashDown2008, Sweaters











1 Comments:
At 2:29 PM,
Rachel Leverton said…
Great job on that top, it looks beautiful! Good luck with your other projects!
Post a Comment
<< Home