Saturday Sky & a Tale of KIP
Here is what the sky looked like in the St. Louis area this morning.

To go along with the pretty sky picture this week, I also have a different-from-normal tale to share regarding a conversation sparked by Knitting In Public.
Yesterday I was doing my usual KIP knitting-while-waiting-in-line thing as I was buying groceries at Sam's Club. A guy that was working there came up & asked me if I was making a sock.
*Blink, Blink*
"Well, Yes, it is a sock." (I'm not sure how I kept from adding, "However did you know?" Perhaps due to the surprise factor.)
I was pretty shocked that he recognized what it was, since all I had done was the cuff & an inch of stockinette.

Turns out his wife is a knitter, & also prefers metal DPNs for socks, just like I do. We talked for a couple minutes. It was cool to run into someone who wasn't actually a knitter but still recognized what I was doing.
The sock I was working on is one of my sets of "Santa Socks." Santa brought me this Kaffe Fassett Regia yarn in my stocking this past Christmas. Doesn't Santa know me well?

To go along with the pretty sky picture this week, I also have a different-from-normal tale to share regarding a conversation sparked by Knitting In Public.
Yesterday I was doing my usual KIP knitting-while-waiting-in-line thing as I was buying groceries at Sam's Club. A guy that was working there came up & asked me if I was making a sock.
*Blink, Blink*
"Well, Yes, it is a sock." (I'm not sure how I kept from adding, "However did you know?" Perhaps due to the surprise factor.)
I was pretty shocked that he recognized what it was, since all I had done was the cuff & an inch of stockinette.

Turns out his wife is a knitter, & also prefers metal DPNs for socks, just like I do. We talked for a couple minutes. It was cool to run into someone who wasn't actually a knitter but still recognized what I was doing.
The sock I was working on is one of my sets of "Santa Socks." Santa brought me this Kaffe Fassett Regia yarn in my stocking this past Christmas. Doesn't Santa know me well?
Labels: KIP, Knitting, Saturday Sky











0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home