Tales of Yarn

Strings of stories about yarn & knitting, & sometimes other stuff.

Thursday, January 31, 2008

Finished Object for Friday

Here is my last finished project for January 2008.


The yarn is Mountain Colors Bearfoot in the "Glacier Teal" colorway, purchased at Knitorious. It was my first time working with this yarn, & I enjoyed it so much that I have a couple other sets of Bearfoot socks going at the moment.



These are a gift, but I really like the yarn & the colors so I bought myself another skein to make myself a pair sometime later on.


This sock is also Mountain Colors Bearfoot, but for myself this time. The colorway is "Ruby River" which I think describes it well. I started this pair at Christmas time because the color just seemed to fit with that time of the year. Perhaps I'll finish them in time for Valentine's Day.

As you can see out the window, we've had snow here in Midwestern USA. The squirrels were out finding their nuts during a break in the storm, & I caught a picture of one out the window before my cats jumped up by the window & scared it away.

My kids are hoping for a Snow Day off school on Friday. However, I'm not expecting my employer to close for the day, so I'd just as soon school was still on for tomorrow. Their school hasn't posted anything yet, so we'll see. (Not that I'd mind the extra knitting time if my employer does happen to close due to weather.)

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • At 4:28 AM, Blogger Cindy said…

    Just finished clearing the sidewalk. I'm not driving to Wentzville today. I hope you can stay home because from what I can tell, all the schools have been called. Take care and I love the socks!

     
  • At 5:15 PM, Blogger Rachel Leverton said…

    Really nice job on the socks. I really like the red, but this time of year, I find I'm craving any colors that really "pop"!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home