Finished Object for Friday
Earlier this week, I finished my second set of Socktoberfest Socks.
These are my standard plain vanilla sock pattern, with 80 stitches around on size 1 DPNs. The yarn is Lime N Violet's Mermaid Sock Yarn, in the colorway "Suede Elvis", purchased at the Loopy Ewe during the big STL Raveler's Yarn Crawl on Mother's Day Weekend.
Please note -- I am working on UFO socks for Socktoberfest this year. Yes, after the UFOlympics, I still have plenty more UFO sock pairs to deal with. I have managed to resist the urge to cast on new socks, at least, so my total number of socks on the needles is going down. The first socks I finished this month had been on the needles for a year & a half, & 3 out of the 5 of my UFOlympic socks were started in 2007, so it's progress to finish one of the pairs that I started this year, that have been on-the-needles less than 6 months.

These are also a good illustration of the knitting problems that I won't bother to go back & fix. After I was already knitting the foot, I realized that the decreases had wandered over by a stitch part way down the gusset of one sock. There was no way I was going to try to rip back to it. I compensated for the shift when I did the toe of that sock, so the structural integrity of the sock was not compromised.
I doubt anyone will ever notice. In fact, I have to look really closely to figure out which side of the gusset & which sock actually had the slight mis-alignment in the decreases.
These are my standard plain vanilla sock pattern, with 80 stitches around on size 1 DPNs. The yarn is Lime N Violet's Mermaid Sock Yarn, in the colorway "Suede Elvis", purchased at the Loopy Ewe during the big STL Raveler's Yarn Crawl on Mother's Day Weekend. Please note -- I am working on UFO socks for Socktoberfest this year. Yes, after the UFOlympics, I still have plenty more UFO sock pairs to deal with. I have managed to resist the urge to cast on new socks, at least, so my total number of socks on the needles is going down. The first socks I finished this month had been on the needles for a year & a half, & 3 out of the 5 of my UFOlympic socks were started in 2007, so it's progress to finish one of the pairs that I started this year, that have been on-the-needles less than 6 months.

These are also a good illustration of the knitting problems that I won't bother to go back & fix. After I was already knitting the foot, I realized that the decreases had wandered over by a stitch part way down the gusset of one sock. There was no way I was going to try to rip back to it. I compensated for the shift when I did the toe of that sock, so the structural integrity of the sock was not compromised. I doubt anyone will ever notice. In fact, I have to look really closely to figure out which side of the gusset & which sock actually had the slight mis-alignment in the decreases.
Labels: Finished Objects, Knitting, Socks











1 Comments:
At 7:08 AM,
maitai said…
i can't believe how many socks you have OTN! i started a pair for my brother in april of 2007 that i just recently frogged. i think stockinette socks are just not exciting enough for me. you have a lot more patience than me!
Post a Comment
<< Home