Tales of Yarn

Strings of stories about yarn & knitting, & sometimes other stuff.

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

The Event Before the Event. (a.k.a. Part 2)

A few blocks up the hill from Unity Temple is The Studio Knitting & Needlepoint store. Yesterday they had a Yarn Harlot Pre-party event. (Ravelry link.) They had a buffet of snack foods out, along with apple cider, which was a welcome refreshment after the long drive.

I'm always up for visiting new yarn stores, & yesterday was no exception. I found some gorgeous locally dyed yarn, which always makes the best souvenir yarn. In what has become a tradition, I also found another Dale of Norway pattern book, different from the one I bought at Nana's Knitting Shop on my Oak Lawn trip.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • At 12:28 PM, Blogger silfert said…

    The Studio is one of my favorite shops. They had a promotion a while back that was kinda cool. Bring your purchases to the counter, take a penny and put it in the gumball machine. The color of your gumball tells you what discount you receive. And you get to eat the gum! ;)

     
  • At 1:07 PM, Blogger Jennifer said…

    We didn't make it up to the Studio. We opted for dinner instead. We had a really good time just hanging out. I'm glad you made the trip.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home