Tales of Yarn

Strings of stories about yarn & knitting, & sometimes other stuff.

Saturday, October 04, 2008

Strange Folk, Part 2

(Otherwise known as, The Post With The Loot.)

Finally there is time to finish up the post I started last week about the Strange Folk Festival.

Since Rachel had a booth there, I decided to wear my Icarus Shawl & my African Grey socks in honor of the occasion, to show off how her yarn knits up. I should have asked my husband to take a picture of me all decked out, but I forgot. I did at least think to get a picture of my socks later on that day.


I had several people comment on my shawl, & I pointed them all in the direction of the Dyeabolical Yarns booth.

Rachel's husband was there too, making good use of his time by spindle spinning.


I had to buy some yarn, of course. I bought DK weight in "Blue Beetle" & fingering weight in "Christmas is Coming". (Her yarn is available at Knitorious or on etsy.)
The first 100 people at the Festival got free Strange Folk bags, but I narrowly missed getting there in time for that. They did still have some extra goodies if you bought a bag, though, so I got a free copy of Craft magazine along with my $3 totebag.

I also bought some project bags from Pretty Fun. I love the little gnomes on the ribbon -- very "in theme" for the Festival. This bag will always remind me of a gorgeous September Saturday.

Lastly, I bought some cloth baggies from Gnomeclothes. They are fabric versions of the old-fashioned, pre-ziploc plastic sandwich bags, & are the perfect size to hold a cake of yarn.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home