Tales of Yarn

Strings of stories about yarn & knitting, & sometimes other stuff.

Wednesday, October 08, 2008

What's On My Needles This Wednesday

I've managed to *somewhat* restrain the Cast-On-Everything-Possible impulse since
finishing the UFOlympics, but I have started two new, large projects to replace the two sweaters I finished.
Both newly-started sweater projects are using yarn that has been in my stash for quite some time. I'm doing the Susie Hoodie from More Big Girl Knits, in Brown Sheep Lamb's Pride Worsted yarn. I'm loving this pattern so far.
The other sweater I started is the February Lady sweater, in Colorado Yarns Knitaly. I'm stalled while I figure out how I want to place the increases in the eyelet increase row. I'm also not sure I'm happy with where the button holes ended up in the yoke. I didn't stop to think that the length between button-holes was written for the small size. I wish I'd left a couple more rows between the button-holes, but I can't decide whether or not I want to try to frog this yarn.


I also have some smaller new projects on the needles. I started a pair of Dashing mitts, from Knitty. They are further along than this picture shows. I'm waiting until I have some quiet time this weekend to do the thumbs, & I hope to have them done by my birthday.

I'm also playing around with making mitts from leftover sock yarn. As you can see, however, I made the thumb hole just a *bit* big on this one.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home