Tales of Yarn

Strings of stories about yarn & knitting, & sometimes other stuff.

Sunday, July 20, 2008

Saturday Sky & Sleeves

Here is the Saturday Sky picture for this week.



And here is the current status of the Mirage sleeves:


I ended up deciding to go with three quarter length sleeves. That meant adjusting where on the design the sleeves would begin, which entailed starting the sleeves over yet again. The longer sleeve in the picture is complete. One advantage to switching to 3/4 length sleeves is that they don't take as long to do, even if I'll have done enough knitting for 3 complete long sleeves by the time I'm done with them.

The full-length sleeve pattern calls for there to be no stockinette at the beginning of the wrist. The arm increases are built into the addition of an increasing stockinette panel between the charted sections of design. Because I don't want full length sleeves, I increased the starting number of sleeve stitches by 8. That effectively leaves out the last tightest/lowest two sections of mock-cable, permitting the sleeve to be wide enough to be comfortable around elbow length.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home